][Nova Nurul M. ][
~ ENGLISH TASK ~
– DIRECT AND INDIRECT SPEECH
– ACTIVE AND PASSIVE VOICE
1. DIREST AND INDIRECT SPEECH
1. He said ,”could you please be quiet”.
– He asked me to be quiet.
2. The doctor said to me,”Stop smoking”.
– The doctor told me to top smoking
3. She said,”i’m tired”
– She said that she was tired.
4. “i always drink coffee”, he said.
– She said that she always drank coffee.
5. “i’m reading a book”, he said.
– He said that he was reading a book.
B. Indirect to Direct speech
1. He explain that he was reading a novel.
– He explain,”i’m reading a novel”.
2. He said that Mudztova has arrived on Saturday.
– He said,”Mudztova arrived on Saturday”.
3. He told me that he had been to japan.
– “I have been to japan”, he said.
4. They complained that they had been waiting for hours.
– They complained,” we have been waiting for hours”.
5. “we were living in jogja” they told me.
– They told me that they had been living in jogja.
2. ACTIVE AND PASSIVE VOICE
A. Active to Passive Voice
1. He meet them everyday.
– They are met by him everyday.
2. He meet them yesterday.
– They were met by him yesterday.
3. He has meet them.
– They have been met by him.
4. He had meet them before i came.
– They had been met by him before i came.
5. He will met them tomorrow.
– They will be met by him tomorrow.
B. Passive to Active Voice
1. This plant is watered by her every today.
– She waters this plant every today.
2. This plant was watered by her this morning.
– She waters this plant this morning.
3. This plant has been watered by her for 5 minutes.
– She has watered this plant for 5 minutes.
4. This plant had been watered by her for 5 minutes when i got here.
– She had watered this plant for 5 minutes when i got here.
5. This plant will be watered by her this afternoon.
– She will waters this plant this afternoon.
][ SMAN 2 KUNINGAN ][